Acting Career: Kate Winslet earned acclaim for her roles in the movies Sense and Sensibility (1995) and Titanic (1997). She was the youngest person to receive 6 Academy Award nominations. Kate Winslet earned the Academy Award for Best Actress in The Reader in 2008.
Here is an ABC News video explaining Kate Winslet's Golden Hat Foundation.
The boy had a golden hat.
The Golden Hat Foundation: Kate Winslet founded the Golden Hat Foundation in 2010 and Margret Ericsdottir serves as the present Director of the Foundation. The foundation is based in Austin, Texas.
Visit www.goldenhatfoundation.org for more information on the Golden Hat Foundation.
The Golden Hat Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers for people with autism around the world, and creating an environment that holds these individuals as intellectually capable. The mission of the Golden Hat Foundation is the establishment of innovative campuses that offer people with autism the opportunity to learn to communicate, receive an education, job training and enjoy recreational activities, all within a supportive network. When given a suitable education and the means to communicate effectively, people with autism can truly realize their dreams (Source).
Other Articles: The following online materials have been written about Kate Winslet and her autism work.
- Kate Winslet Wears a New Hat: Charity Coordinator (USA Today)
- Kerry's Favorite: Kate Winslet and the Golden Hat Foundation (Note: Kerry Magro was Autism Light #119)
- Kate Winslet Raises Awareness for Autism (Celebrity Baby Scoop)
- Kate Winslett: Why I Wrote the Golden Hat (Divine Caroline)
- The Golden Hat Foundation (Note: Laura Shumaker was Autism Light #40)
- Kate Winslet's Autism Awareness Project: The Golden Hat (Thinking Person's Guide to Autism)
You can read more information about Kate Winslet on her Wikipedia page here.
Special thanks to Kate Winslet for being an Autism Light. We look forward to hearing about the exciting growth of the Golden Hat Foundation to help the autism community and of course to future movies starring Kate Winslet.