The State of Florida is the home of 15 Autism Lights. They include parents, individuals with autism, politicians, and athletes. People who live in Florida with autism are blessed that the state is the home to several foundations started by autism parents who live in Florida.
Florida Autism Lights
Individuals with Autism:
- Joshua Banks is an artist who has autism. He lives in Jensen Beach, Florida.
- Anita Lesko is a writer and anestheseologist who has Asperger's. She lives in Pensecola, Florida.
- King Richard has autism and is from Pensecola, Florida.
- Reid Soria is a musician who has autism from Ft. Walton Beach, Florida.
- Troy Blevins is an Autism Father from St. Augustine, Florida. He has raised awareness for autism through walking across the country.
- Ernie and Liezl Els are Autism Parents and Ernie is a Professional Golfer. They have a home in Jupiter, Florida and founded the Els for Autism Foundation.
- Jamie Grover is the Program Director for Autism on the Seas and he is an Autism Father. He is from Orlando, Florida.
- Cliff Kresge is an Autism Father with a home in Heathrow, Florida. He is a professional golfer and founder of Kresge's Krew Foundation that benefits autism charities in East Tennessee.
- Dan and Claire Marino are Autism Parents from Miami, Florida. They created the Dan Marino Foundation for autism.
- Barry and Judith Nelson are Autism Parents from South Florida. They founded the Victory Center for Autism & Behavioral Challenges in North Miami Beach, Florida.
- Jim Palmer is an Autism Father and Hall of Fame Baseball Player. He has a home in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Luis Viera and Jorge Santeiro are Autism Fathers and founders of the Lawyers Autism Awareness Foundation. They are from Tampa Bay, Florida.
- The Honorable Joan Lenard is a United States Judge on the United District Court for the Southern District Court of Florida who ordered that Medicaid in Florida should cover ABA treatment for autism.
- Sen. Marco Rubio is a United States Senator representing Florida who has a record of being a champion for autism legislation.
- James King of Orlando, Florida is a volunteer rescuer who found missing Nadia Bloom on April 13, 2010.
Memorial Roll from Florida:
- The late Herbert A. Kahn (1925-2005) helped found the Autism Society of America in 1965. He lived in Boynton Beach, Florida. His name is on the Autism Light Memorial Roll.
The photo used in this post is the Florida Sunrise by Scott Meltzer.
The map of Florida is from the Wikipedia Commons.