The State of Georgia is the home currently to 7 Autism Lights. They include individuals with autism, autism parents, a professional athlete, animals, and a businessman. The Georgia delegation at Autism Light are outstanding examples of the diversity of autism.
Georgia Autism Lights
Individuals with Autism:
- Nicholas Bennett is from Gainesville, Georgia. He has autism and served as his high school's basketball team manager from 2011-2015. He gained fame for making 1,000 half-court shots over the years of practicing with the team.
- Cortland Hale is from Snellville, Georgia. He has autism and is a former football player with Brookwood High School. He is listed on the Autism Light Sports page.
- David Militello is a young singer who has autism from Georgia. He has been honorably nicknamed the "Little Michael Jackson". He is listed on the Autism Light Music page and a YouTube video of his performance is included here.
- Tom Herrion is an autism father and assistant coach for Georgia Tech. He is the co-founder of Coaches Powering Forward for Autism. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Golden Retriever Puppies of LionPaws are puppies being trained to be services dogs with students with autism at The Lion School in Alpharetta, Georgia.
- Jeff Francoeur is from Lilborn, Georgia. He plays Major League Baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies and was recognized for his great attitude toward a fan with autism while playing for the Kansas City Royals.
- Bernard Marcus is from Atlanta, Georgia. He is the co-founder of Home Depot and the benefactor for the Marcus Autism Center.
The map of Georgia is in the Wikipedia Commons.