The State of Virginia is the home of 10 Autism Lights. The Virginia group is very representative of the country as it includes a vaccuum salesman, two autism mothers, two autism fathers, an autism brother, a story teller, a musician, an athlete (runner), and a journalist on the memorial roll.
Virginia Autism Lights
- Al Archie is a vaccuum salesman from Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- Elizabeth Becker is an Autism Mother from Wytheville, Virginia. Her son Matt Johnson has autism.
- Karen Jackson is an Autism Mother from Norfolk, Virginia. Her daughter Samantha has autism. She has been instrumental in leadership of the Faith Inclusion Network.
- Joe Hill is an Autism Father and iPad app creator from Chesapeake, Virginia.
- Marc Leber is a runner from Suffolk, Virginia who befriended a young man with autism named Ashton McCormick. He know attends Georgia Tech University.
- Joel Manzer is an Autism Father from Norfolk, Virginia.
- Robbin Thompson is a musician from Richmond, Virginia.
- Spencer Timme is an Autism brother from Norfolk, Virginia. His brother Mitchel has autism.
- Jim Weiss is a storyteller from Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Dan Olmsted (1952-2017) was the owner and editor of Age of Autism. He was from Falls Church, Virginia.
The map of Virginia is attributed to By TUBS [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons