The State of Mississippi is the home currently to 5 Autism Lights. They include two professionals, two who have autism, including the first person ever diagnosed with autism, and a high school club.
Misissippi Autism LightsProfessionals:
- Dr. Rebecca Mullican is the founder of the Jackson Autism Center and lives in the Jackson, Mississippi area.
- Dr. Mark Yeager is known as the "Father of the Mississippi Autism Movement". He lives and practices in Smith County, Mississippi.
Individuals with Autism:
- Watson Dollar learned to communicate through an iPad after decades of silence. He is from the Jackson, Mississippi area.
- Donald Triplett is the first person to be diagnosed with autism. He turns 80 this year and lives in Forest, Mississippi.
- Hernando High School Interact Club has led two annual community observances for the "Light It Up Blue" Campaign for Autism Awareness. They are located in the city of Hernando in DeSota County, Mississippi.
The map of Mississippi is from the Wikipedia Commons.