Jane Hsu is a special education teacher in New York City. Jane Hsu is an Autism Light because she is the founder of a website tool to help children with autism find friends and improve social skills.
The website that Jane Hsu founded is called Special Playdate and can be found at Specialplaydate.com. Special Playdate lists as their mission on their website: "Every child deserves to have a friend! Special Playdate connects parents with other parents seeking playdate opportunities for their children with or without special needs."
Jamie Pagliaro the Co-Creator of Rethink Autism said, "This is a brillantly executed website, addressing a fundamental need for children with special needs and their families. Parents will immediately get a good feeling when they visit the site and sign up to join (Source)."
Special Playdate has several features that parents of children with autism will like.
- The price is right for the tight finances of autism parents as it is free to join.
- It is a secure system that safeguards personal information and allows private messaging.
- It will be dynamic, as Jane Hsu has plans to expand the resources on the website.
- Playdates for Kids with Autism and Other Special Needs
- Special Education Teacher Develops Play Date Tool For Those with Autism
Autism Light honors diverse heroes to the world of autism.
Photo: The photo in this post was used with permission of Jane Hsu.